IML: radiator woes...

I want to thank each of you for the warm welcome to the club.  I
figured I might as well take advantage now with a few quick questions.
 Honestly nobody knows what an Imperial is, let alone how to work on
one...so this is actually my best bet.  About a month ago I bought I
new radiator cap (13lb.) for my '63 Custom 2-dr. and about a month ago
the seam on the top of my radiator developed a couple splits in the
seam.  When I took it to the radiator guy he told me he thought that I
poundage was too much.  From what I gather reading old messages on the
site, 13 is correct.  I don't know if the radiator is original or not,
or if that even makes a difference.  I do know that it has 2276855
stamped on the top left with
DP AC and on the top right it instructs on using Mopar fluids.  If anyone
CD
can let me know if I should indeed keep the 13lb. cap and just have the
top reseamed, or basically any information to help me would be
fantastic.  Thanks again ahead of time~
*Meg* (and Ms. Pearl)