IML: Electronic 4 speed auto

There is an article in the latest Mopar Action (see link http://www.moparaction.com/Next/next.html) about installing a GM 4L60 transmission to replace the Torqueflight 727. I believe that the kit is complete with effectively no fabrication needed. You cannot actually read the article from the link I listed, but the article (on page 72) is described on the index page.

There have been various posting in the past about adding overdrive etc.
With this conversion you get the overdrive gear and an electronically controlled transmission with a lock up torque convertor.
I had one of these transmissions on a 1995 Suburban and it was very reliable with that 6000 lb pig with no problems out to 150,000 miles when I sold it.

Just an FYI if anyone is interested.

Fred Joslin