Re: IML: Carpet Installation

see:  http://www.b-quiet.com

I will put thin generic carpet padding on top of the
sound deadener in my '72.

Buying direct is usually much cheaper than buying
retail, by the way.  Dynamat is horribly expensive
(retail) for what it is.

I don't know if I'd do the B-quiet in my 55, which has
the stock horse-hair type stuff on the trans hump and
a very thin underlayment in the rest of the flooring.
It does not heat up "that" much.  I don't have AC and
live in a temperate climate, so am not so concerned
about the heat.

-K

--- tdcox <tdcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am installing new carpet from Gary Goers in the 56
> Southhampton.  Any
> suggestions for underlayment?  The original padding
> is still there but is
> very thin.  I was unsure if this was the best
> alternative for heat and road
> noise control or is there a better solution.
>
> Also, should I put some under the back seat; there
> wasn't any padding when I
> removed the rear seat.  Maybe this is no big deal
> but thought with mufflers
> underneath, heat might seep through.
>
> Thank you.

> response will be