From: swampyankee@xxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 6:30 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Brake Fluid Maintenance & Imperial Sedans

From: Mike Pittinaro <mechimike@xxxxxxxxx>

Actually, its just the opposite. The front brakes,
particularly in a car with front disc brakes, do
80-90% of the stopping. I have driven cars with both
no front brakes and no rear brakes, and driving with
no rears is almost imperceptible, while driving with
no fronts is pretty hair raising!

  I second this. I'm on only the rears currently, and driving like this requires extreme levels of care. By driving slowly, keeping to low-traffic roads, and keeping very large following distances, it can be done without being certain doom. It's still pretty darn unwise, though. The rears have a nasty habit of locking up easily too, especially on wet pavement.

  -Kle.
  '69 Crown 4DHT