Re: IML: Brake Fluid Maintenance

Subject: Re: IML:
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 01:48:07 -0500

The point was made to caution those who don't realize that w/ duel pot
m/c it is possible to have front or rears fail (not both) without
realizing it. By the time the driver has hit wet pavement and the rears
have locked up, its too late. Motor heads are going to notice instantly
that something is wrong. Not everyone on this list would notice the
problem before it was too late. That is why the suggestion has been
made to practice proper and regular maintenance. I am using the word
suggestion as it would be suggested that a sky diver pull the rip cord
on his parachute.

I didn't mean to give the wrong impression; I was agreeing, and trying to support your point.

I've had the dubious honor of driving numerous cars over the years in conditions of more-or-less total brake failure. I've never been in an accident as a result, but its definitely a situation to avoid, if possible.

Close attention to, and proper care of the brakes in older cars is a very good idea, especially if they are driven rarely.
      -Kle.
'69 Crown 4DHT