Re: IML: Question about re-man harmonic dampers

Since I have never used a re-man damper,(Only New) I was wondering how they address the worn seal surface? Do they install a "Speedy-Sleeve", (S.S.sleeve on ware area), or do they re-weld finish the surface? It also seems prudent, to remove the timing cover, to change the seal and inspect the timing chain, and gears. Just a thought. Ya'll have a nice day, Dave

From: "Frederick Joslin" <fljoslin@xxxxxxxx>
Rob:

In the theme of originality, I am pretty sure that you can get you original damper rebuilt to better than original specs.
For Imperial applications, you do not need a race damper.

Check these guys out:
http://www.damperdoctor.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=DD&Category_Code=CHR

I have never used them, but they may be worth contacting.  They seem to have many dampers.