Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 4:22 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Mildew on white leather

The active ingredients in Lysol are long chain quaternary ammonium salts which are vey good at killing bacteria and fungi but also function like soaps.
Most soaps have a negatively charged end (acid of some type Phosphate etc.) and a long hydrocarbon tail. The ingredients in Lysol have a posivively charged end (ammonium NR4+) and a long hydrocarbon tail. These are very effective biocides and I am guessing are gently to the leather.

Note I have aerosol Lysol at home which I think contains a significant quantity of alcohol. I would look for a pourable variety which is probabvly mostly water.