Re: IML:440 exhaust manifold question...

--- "Andrew A." <canafornia@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't really see any exhaust residue anywhere near

> the manifold/engine joint, and with a leak this bad,

> you would definetely expect some if it where coming
> from a blown manifold gasket....

If there is a gasket there, someone has installed it
in later years.  The 440 did not use an exhaust
manifold gasket from the factory.

But before you probe much further, have you made sure
that the nuts for the manifold are tight?  Don't go
crazy pulling on them with a cheater bar or anything,
because the studs break pretty easily, but you may be
surprised to find that the problem is simply a loose
nut or two.

Hope this helps!

Elijah

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair

Find Repair & Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More at The Imperial Bookshelf!

  My Collection of Imperials
  1965 Imperial LeBaron
  1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan
  1970 Imperial LeBaron