From: "Kenyon Wills"
Subject: IML: HD Torsion Bar answer - towing packages
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:57:07 -0800 (PST)

None of the 4 fusleage cars that I have has an
external trans cooler besides the thing in the bottom
tank of the radiator. "Transmission Cooler" to me
means a seperate, smaller radiator that gets rid of
the trans heat.

That's a GOOD clue, and I'll start keeping an eye open
for that on parts car candidates that are floating
around - would appreciate it if others can do the
same, although I don't know what I'll say when one
turns up in Timbuktu and the resident club member
there presents the prospective bill for prying them
out.

If anyone sees something, I'm interested in these - up
to a point, anyway....

-Kenyon

--- Frederick Joslin wrote:

> Hi Kenyon: My 69 LeBaron 2 door has the 517 LT and
> 516 RT torsion
> bars presumably because of the tow package.This
> shows up on the broadcast
> sheet, but not on the fender tag. My car also has
> the external trans
> cooler. I do not know if the trans cooler is only
> part of the tow
> package or if it was present on all Imperials of
> this vintage. If the
> trans cooler is unique to the tow package, it would
> identify cars with
> that package and thus the heavy duty torsion bars.

Kenyon Wills