Re: IML: Needed Information - How to (Aeyn)

Re: IML: Needed Information - How to (Aeyn)

I'll answer Aeyn on-list for everyone's benefit, and
so that I don't have to write multiple replies to the
other responses that I see in the inbox here but have
not yet read.

Delete now if you're not interested in this topic, as
it's tangential to restoring Imperials.

===

To do this:

either mail the document in for processing, <<OR>>

1.  Scan at 300dpi.
2.  Save pages in order.
3.  use CONTACT US when you're ready to go, and we'll
show you how to download a freebie program that will
allow you to bypass emailing or putting it on disc so
that you can just "squirt" the information into the
website's temporary holding pen where others can get
to it.
4.  Please!  No PDF.  They can not be adjusted.  What
few people realize is that after scanning, each and
every image on the website is further refined,
de-screened, straightened, adjusted, and so-forth,
before it is put up.  The image quality on our site is
usually even better than the printed original, and
although few people comment or seem to notice, we're
somewhat fanatical about generating the images
properly the first time!
5.  Think twice about doing the scanning portion that
you so generously offered.  These things are 600+
pages.  We have a high quality scanner that can do it
in about 6 hours with an automatic feed.  Doing it
manually can be "challenging" to one's patience.

Images come out straight and clean on the auto unit
with low loss, and there isn't a problem of seeing the
portion of the page where it curves up into the spine
as you press the bound book into the platen of the
scanner bed, because we slice the spine off and feed
the stack of pages through the machine so that they go
through flat.  We are also good about rebinding the
book afterwards.  Cutting the spine is a small price
for a book to pay for immortality and general access
by everyone on the planet (even Lincoln owners!).

I just got the 1975 Body FSM today, so will do that
one up.  We would need the other book, though.
Probably called "chassis".

Let us know off list what you'd like to do - we're
very appreciative of any help that is offered, and
want you to participate, since this is a club.
Learning to "process" the pages and "doing" the 1975
book would be the most potent thing that you could do,
since we're volunteer and perpetually understaffed.

-K

Kenyon Wills