Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 8:25 PM
Subject: IML: Looking for 56 Imperial Steering Wheel

I've looked long and hard to find good wheels or someone restoring them.  I finally settled on Don Eash of D&D Automobilia in PA.  I've had him recast the wheel for my '65 LeBaron, and '55 and '59 DeSotos.  Given all the $$ thrown at C300 and 300 B restos, I'm surprised that nobody has done these wheels.
I've sent him a wheel from my '55 Crown which needs only minor crack patching to make it a good pattern for a mold.  Someone else has also sent him a wheel for a mold.  By spring he should have a mold done.  He's not cheap, count on $1200-1500, but I've found nothing better.  And the difference between a cracked, faded, chipped wheel and one that's smooth and beautiful to hold in your hands is well worth it.  You'll find his ad in Hemmings.
Cheers,
Roger
'55 Crown, '56 Southamptons, '56 NY St.Regis