IML: Imperial Performance after 1967 ( or 1959 )

IML: Imperial Performance after 1967 ( or 1959 )

Hola there

So you have a 1967 or newer Imperial with the 440 and you want more power.  If you do not already have the HP version of the 440, then seek out the items of the higher horse powered engine.

To give ya an informational "jump start" of the items on the HP engines just read on.

Items that give the higher hp are:

the exhaust manifolds ( C-Body HP for 1967 -1978 ) ( 1972-1978 Dodge HP center dumps for 1966 and older Imperials )...

the dual exhaust system ( they did not use the "H" / cross-over pipe or the now better "X" pipe then ) ( the same size diam tubing from the exhaust manifold to the rear bumper )...

the dual snorkel air cleaner housing...

the Carter AVS carb...

the large diam power steering pump pulley...

the large diam alternator pulley...

the clutch fan  ( w/seven blades ) ( the originals had 18 1/2" diam and the latest ones have a 20" diam )...

the last item is the # P4452783 camshaft assembly in the early engines.  ( for our cars the MoPar # P4286675 cam assembly is to me a better cam that can be used for any 1959 to 1978 413 or 440 engine )...

Due to the actions of the "H" the horse power will be slightly more than an original.  The "X" is better than an old cross over design.

The Imperial did not use bright orange spark plug wires or other bright cloured items under the hood.  They did not use the GTX/Road Runner audio level muffler either to get the same power.

Uncle Rodger & Aunt Gabby
COS