Re: IML: Edelbrock Carb change

I put the 600 CFM Edelbrock AFB on my 65 300 383, and am not impressed. It appears set up for a leaner engine (probably SB Chevy) so it surges. I will need to buy richer metering rods, hope I get the right one. Also, your stock air cleaner plate will no longer fit, so be prepared to get a 70's hi po application to replace it (the Edelbrock air horn is much larger).
Save your money in my opinion, get a quality rebuild of your AFB unless it is completely worn out.
Mark

Chris Strohmeyer <chrisstroh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I've had VERY good luck on my 64 Dart with a new Edelbrock 650cfm about 10
years ago. I'm considering one for my 67 Imperial 440 to replace the AFB.
What CFM would you recommend? And do the electric chokes work well and how
do they work?
I'd like the car to run as well as possible so if more or less fuel will
help then fine.

Thx,
Chris
67 Imperial Convertible