IML: Please Welcome Donald Lampert

New Subscriber(s): Donald Lampert
Email Address is: liberte618@xxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Southwest Wisconcin

Car(s) owned: 1965 Imperial Crown 4Dr. Ht. Persian Cream w Bronze vinyl top
1978 Chrysler New Yorker Broughm St. Regis  Dove Grey/Grey leather

Self-Introduction: I grew up in a G.M. family, (Dad worked for Euclid/Terex Division in New York City 1957-1980ish) and we usually drove Buicks in our family.
Periodically though, Dad would bring home a loaner Pontaic, Olds, or
Buick - the latest greatest from the fleet garage, when he got tired of the bus/subway commute into and out of N.Y. I hardly knew Fords and Chryslers in the late 50s and 60s. Fast forward to 2001, driving with a friend between SW Wisconcin and Minneapolis, we stopped and looked at an ice encrusted Imperial that had been sitting on a used car lot for two years. I was curious but at at that time I had my heart set on 55 Packard Patrician that I couldn't quite afford. Well,
the Imperial was sure cheap enough, and maybe I could buy it and flip
it to get enough money for that Packard. Well a new alternator, and two hours later that Imperial was sitting in my driveway and I was "sold"! Turns out that Imperial wasn't going to be sold though
because I was in love - I had never owned such a well built, smooth riding, beautiful car. I'm now a Chrysler man and have since purchased a 78 New Yorker Brougham, a 77 Town and Country 8 pass wagon, and an 83 LeBaron T&C wagon. Chrysler's it for me - "Ask the man who owns one"