RE: IML: Edelbrock Carb change

Chris,

I have an Ed 750 on my LeBaron because I had one on the shelf.  It's really
overkill at that CFM for what the car will be doing RPM wise, but it's not
on the road yet so it really doesn't matter for me.  It is a manual choke
version, but I was planning to adapt the factory choke coil to the Ed carb.
The '67 air cleaner assembly fit just fine.

For your car, or if I was buying a new one for myself, I would go with one
of their newer Thunder Series AVS carbs in a 650.  At least I think it's a
650, the AFB version is a 600.  The AVS gives you the easier tuning of the
secondary air door.  If you are planning to go with a little more rear gear,
free flowing exhaust and a warmer cam go with the bigger carb.

I have an electric choke Ed 750 on my Barracuda.  The electric choke works
fine.  It's a simple connection (12v ignition on and a ground).

The electric choke versions of the Ed carbs are jetted a little leaner than
the manual choke versions.  They have strip kits that come with all the
pieces you would need to tune it.  I would run the carb out of the box first
then see if it needs any adjustment.

Rob McCall
'67 LeBaron