Re: IML: Brake Drum Style

All 65 & 66 Imperials have the same drums, front and rear. Only difference is the fronts are pressed to the hub via the 5 studs. They, according to my interchange manual, only fit these two years. It does not mention other makes as interchanging either, like a Cad or whatever. I find that hard to believe, but that is the way it is.
   This similar situation also exists, as my 61 Imperials drums are the same for front as the rears. Again, only difference is removing the 5 studs and pressing them on the hub for the opposite end of the car. As late 59 thru 62 Imperials use these drums, front and rear, these Imperials use hub & drum application as an assembly. The 65-66 does not use a hub for the rear drums. They just slip on the axle studs and are removable after removing the wheels. This is why a drum puller is needed on the earlier cars.      Joe Machado     This was for those of you who do not work on your car and now you know.