Re: IML: Fuel Tank 1

In a message dated 1/17/2007 2:33:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, lupee@xxxxxxx writes:
Anyone on the list,
I have the tank off my 64 Imperial. Is there a way to test
the sending unit to see if it works before I install it in
the tank and on the car? I am waiting for a screen filter.
It appears that the screen for a 1966 Mustang is identical.
Any feedback will be appreciated.
Lupe,
64 Crown Coupe, Persian White

Lupe,

    Remove it and wire it up as if it were in the tank and gently move the float mechanism and see if the gauge responds.

ybshore/been there-doing that