Re: IML: Chrysler and/or Imperial nameplate

Re: IML: Chrysler and/or Imperial nameplate

From my understanding, 1955 was the first year Imperial was a separate make from Chrysler, like Dodge, Plymouth and DeSoto.  It stayed that way until 1975, although, from growing up, Imperials were sold at Chrysler-Plymouth dealerships.  They may have had their own in large cities.

If I remember right, the 1981-1983 Imperials didn't have any Chrysler badges on them either.  I remember the old Chrysler-Plymouth dealership in my hometown putting the big "IMPERIAL" sign back up, too.

The 1990-1993 Imperials DID, however, have Chrysler badges.