Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 7:06 PM
Subject: IML: Chrysler and/or Imperial nameplate

In 1955 the Imperial did not have the Chrysler nameplate anywhere to be found on the ext. body. In other Imperial years it was displayed on the cars. Does anyone know why this occurred? I understand that Imperial was a separate division like Cadillac is to GM. Did they want to emphasis this point of separation in 1955? Thanks -Anthony