From: "*MEG*"
Subject: IML: Am I getting screwed?
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 16:36:01 GMT

If I wrote out all the details and the whole story it would take pages,
so here is the brief summary. I took my '63 Custom to get new brake
shoes on the front and the rear at Midas. They called me and said that
I also needed 4 new wheel/brake cylinders. I don't know anything about
brakes really, so when they told me I was leery. I mean, the car was
stopping, granted it sounded like hell, but it was still stopping...if
all of my cylinders had gone out would the car still stop? Whenever I
went to pick her up last night I felt really uneasy about the whole
situation, they just weren't giving me the comforting feeling that they
knew what they were doing or that something was going on. They took
her off the lift and had me test drive it because the brakes seemed
mushy to them. I was scared to death, she wouldn't stop and we almost
wrecked. I took her back and they came up with some crap about while
bleeding the brakes in old cars sometimes the valve in the master
cylinder will go out and that I needed a new master cylinder. The
master cylinder was fine whenever I took it in there. That, and I just
payed $846 for new shoes and the 4 wheel cylinders. I believe I was
already screwed on the price, but I just want the input, advice and
insight any of you may have. My boss told me that there wasn't a valve
that they are speaking of. Please help anyway. I want to be prepared
whenever the guy calls me about Ms. Pearl today.
Megan

FREE Reminder Service - NEW from AmericanGreetings.com
Click HERE and never forget a Birthday or Anniversary again!
http://track.juno.com/s/lc?s=197335&u=http://www.americangreetings.com/products/online_calendar.pd?c=uol5752