Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2007 1:43 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Brakes

If you paid that much and the brakes don't work you got screwed. Have
it taken to a good shop. That may take some research. Have it fixed
right, pay them, and ask them for an explanation of what was wrong. You
may be able to take their infoirmation back to the first shop for some
negotiation and a possible partial refund.

$846.00 would be about right for a complete job with all new/machined
parts, and a car that stopped like new when you drove it. Sounds like
you picked the wrong place. Sometimes if you need repair work on your
Imperial, you can post to the IML for references in your area. Most of
us have been through similar things before. This especially applies to
front end alignments and other suspension work.

If you get nothing back, at least you learned where not to take your
car.  Don't drive it until you get the brakes fixed, and they are not
the ones to fix them. Sorry.

Paul W.