From: "Chris Strohmeyer"
Subject: IML: rear end noise
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 09:23:16 -0800

Hi all,
My sure grip rear end is moaning/whirring at
above 30mph. If I lift my foot slightly off the
pedal it goes away completely. After looking
over 40 years of receipts I discovered 10 years
ago and 10k miles ago the rear end was
completely rebuilt. I read that there's a
"special oil for sure grips". Isn't this just
90w gear oil? It was a little low so I topped
it up but no change.

Any ideas as to what this may be. I'm going to
contact the former owner to see if rebuilding
it actually made the noise go away.

Thx,
Chris
67 Imperial Convertible -----------------
http://www.imperialclub.com -----------------
This message was sent to you by the Imperial
Mailing List. Please reply to
mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response
will be shared with everyone. Private messages
(and attachments) for the