Re: IML: rear end noise

I had a very loud noise coming from what i thought was my rear end. you could hear me from a block away . Funny thing is, it wasnt the rear end at all. There is a dust plate on the drive shaft , when it comes lose it make a incrediable amount of noise . I simply took the plate off fix the problem. You may want to check this out. Jack the car up  put it in drive and you will know if this is your problem.

Brad Weikert <a292@xxxxxxx> wrote:
It's an additive that you add to the gear oil to keep the clutches from
chattering. You can buy it at any good auto parts store, just ask for
limited slip additive. It will come in a tube of around 4 or 6 ounces.
Most synthetic gear oil already has the additive in it. I doubt that
the lack of the additive is causing the noise you are describing as the
bearings and gears do not require it, just the clutches in the limited
slip unit.

Brad