Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 7:13 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Imperials are a "C" or a ...???

Where is the referrence to Imperial is the D or C body? All my parts books, starting in 55 have Imperial as a Y body. It goes till my newest, 71 and it is still a Y.
   DeSoto is an S. Chryslers are C. D is full size Dodge. P is full size Plymouth.
   Who and what determined otherwise?
   Are you all using the series platform as determining a certain body? Because, again, Imperials have 57 thru 68 that do not share sheetmetal. I am not sure, but I think the platform might refer to a chassis as the platform. There could be some argument here again. Yet, these and other years are Y bodies. I, in selling parts, have always used Y for Imperials, never a C body as referrence to an Imperial.
   Now, 1954, and older, Imperial is referred to as a C, or, top line Chrysler, not a seperate car model as a Dodge or Plymouth from the same time period.
                         Someone clue me in.    Joe Machado