From: "Chris Strohmeyer"
Subject: IML: rear end parts replaced
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 20:13:01 -0800

Note to Admin: This is my last question on my rear end!

Thx Sherman,

Ok. It's been 10k miles since the rebuild(and 10 years ago). Here's what
they replaced:
ONE HM89443 Bearing
ONE. 7216 Seal
TWO. 25590 Bearing
TWO 25520 Bearing
ONE. HM803149 Bearing
ONE. HM89410 Bearing
ONE HM803110 Bearing
TWO shims and a couple oil seals and ONE 4318060 Oil additive to the GL5
gear oil.
Is there a break-in period after the rebuild therefore the oil should be
changed right afterwards?
I will try changing the oil with a heavier one
AND the limited slip additive and let you know
if the noise goes away.

Chris
67 Imperial Convertible

This message was sent to you by the Imperial
Mailing List. Please reply to
mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response
will be shared with everyone. Private messages
(and attachments) for the