IML: 64 Iml Trans shifter

Question for someone in the know:

When I put the car in drive, I hear a vacuum leak from the push button area.  If I put it in low first, then drive, it goes away.

The parking brake release stopped functioning and i checked the hose connections; main line goes to the shifter unit, another goes from that to the parking brake vacuum canister.

If I capped off the main line to the shifter, does it affect anything other than the parking brake?

Jay D'Angelo
64 Iml Cvt
Las Vegas

From predictions to trailers, check out the MSN Entertainment Guide to the Oscars  See it!