IML: neutral safety switch

Just a question for the club to digest.  Is the vacuum switch just another name for the neutural safety switch or are they 2 seperate items?

 I have searched on my wiring diagram for our 57 Imperial but can find no reference to either a neutral safety switch or vacuum switch.  This is the swtich that fits near the carburettor and coil with 2 little tabs to connect wires too.

Many thanks

Ken UK