From: robbennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 10:37 AM
Subject: IML: cold weather/leaking brakes-67

My 67 Crown Coupe was ressurected from a barn about 3 years ago. At this time I had all the brakes thoroughly rebuilt, including the front disc brakes.As a result of this, I have always been impressed at how well the brakes perform for
a car this size.

The other day I noticed that both front brakes were leaking fluid.The car is stored outside in a carport and had not been driven for about 6 weeks.The weather here in Salt Lake has been stagnant, with lows in the single digits or low teens for about a month straight.Highs have generally been high twenties.

Anyhow, I fired her up and took her for a gentle drive around the
neighborhood.Since then, no evidence of leaky brakes, everything seems fine.

Has anybody ever noticed any relationship between sustained cold weather and
leaky seals?
Rob

Sent via CSolutions - http://www.csolutions.net