Re: IML: cold weather/leaking brakes-67/ Stainless sleeves

Re: IML: cold weather/leaking brakes-67/ Stainless sleeves

In a message dated 1/28/2007 7:39:21 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, chrisstroh@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
As I understand it, if a car sits a long time the brake fluid develops
moisture that gravitates down to the calipers and rusts the bores causing
them to start leaking. When rebuilding some places like Calipers Online
insert stainless steel sleeves into the bore to alleviate this.
Am I right fellow Imperialists?

Chris Strohmeyer
67 Imperial Convertible
Chris,
You are absolutely correct. Calipersonline do use Stainless sleeves no matter how good the core is. his prevents rust from forming in the cylinder bore.

George