Re: IML: 67 & 68 Imperial Convertibles--survivors?

Re: IML: 67 & 68 Imperial Convertibles--survivors?

Tom,

1967 & 68 Imperial convertibles rusted like everything else.  There were some that were well taken care of, so these had either no rust or very little.  Though I like closed cars better, especially 4 doors, I have never noticed the 68 convertible as being noisy with the top up, have also found that both the heater and the air conditioner work well.  There were few Imperial convertibles made in any year, but this was also true of the complete Imperial line.  In the mid sixties, as air conditioning became more affordable, convertibles started to decline in sales, they were in such little demand, that all manufacturers started phasing them out, and by the end of the 1976 model year, they were no longer available.

Bill/Imp, 68's