IML: 1961 imperial no brake lights

Can someone give me some advise. Got no brake lights. I checked the power going to the switch its good . I put in a new switch its the kind that is in line with the fluid. No brake lights.  Now could it be the bulbs cause the blinkers and tail lights work there all in one ? I don't think so There is something weird going on though. When I start the car It starts with tail lights on . Even though the light switch is off. But there not on solid  they pulsate. To make this all go away all I have to do is turn the blinkers on  and off and the tail light go  off . Isn't that strange. Anyone have any advise ?