Re: IML: 66LeBaron-turn the key...IT's ALIVE!

Re: IML: 66LeBaron-turn the key...IT's ALIVE!

Glad you found your problem Dan. Whenever you have a problem with a Mopar the first 3 things to check are: 1. the ballast resistor, 2. the ballast resistor and 3. the ballast resistor! The last 2 cars I bought already had spares in the glove box.

I've had the dome light good, turn the key and nothing (dome goes out) problem for a while on my big block. In my case it's a bad positive cable. I don't drive the car enough to bother with it yet.

You may want to look into bypassing the ammeter. It's apparently a fairly common problem. I haven't had one yet, knock wood, but a lot of people do and recommend just bypassing it. There are a ton of links around and probably discussion in the IML archives.

Check out: http://www.madelectrical.com/electricaltech/amp-gauges.shtml

Rob