Re: IML: Dark '68 backup lights

Jim,

I have one of those parts right in front of me.  It's the part with the plastic arm that is moved by the movement of the gear selector.  It does turn on the backup lights and release the parking brake.  E-mail me directly if you want to know more about the part or if you want to buy it.

Thanks,
Carl
Jim
If I remember right when I first bought my 67 over 30 years ago I had the same problem. It turned to be that the small plastic spacer that fit in the rectangular hole in the steering column was broken.  At that time still available at dealer.  It was this spacer that moved the backup light switch. You might find one in a extra steering column.
Ed Tiede
67 conv./triple white