Re: IML: Lap rope

A lap rope is a rope, duh!, that was strung across the back of the front
seat, over which to hang a lap robe.  A lap robe is essentially a blanket
that back seat passengers draped over their laps and legs in the winter, a
throw-back to when cars' heaters weren't as efficient as they are today.

Neal Herman
1959 Imperial Crown
1966 Imperial Crown

http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0020000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://ima
gine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/default.aspx?locale=en-us&source=hmtagline