Re: IML: 66LeBaron-trans leak

Hi Chris....Hope you are doing well back there and it's not gotten TOO cold!!
I think I asked you previously about any problems with the trans on the Lebaron but don't remember what you told me....well, I ws jacking up the front today and when i crawled under from the side (I thought I was going to change the POSITIVE BATTERY CABLE) I noticed something really weird!!! There was a lot of tranny fluid dripping from the bottom of the trans and, to my surprise, there were two clamps on the back part of the trans pan along with a bunch os reddish looking goop that aparently been used in place of a gasket when the trans pan was replaced......the photo was taken at night so it doesn't show a lot but you can see the small clamps on there!!! Do you have ANY idea who it was that put these clamps on the trans??...and more importantly, WHY!???
I can always replace the fluid and the trans. screen along with putting a gasket on the portion where the pan meets up to the trans bottom but I can't understand WHY anyone would have 'clamps' put on there??!!
The trans shifted VERY smooth so I doubt that there is anything wrong with it internally (I hope), but this is weird!!!
thanks for anything you can remember!!!
Dan
P.S. I still can't find the broken or loose wire that is causing the same 'turn the key and nothing' condition! This a a real tough one! It might be easieer if I was $' 6" tall and could fit under that dash!