RE: IML: 66LeBaron-..DEAD AGAIN!

Dan!

Let's just say I started at the battery and worked my way toward the
starter motor...

If you don't have one yet, I HIGHLY recommend getting your hands on the
factory service manual.  The wiring diagram is invaluable.

In my case, the problem was intermittent...  sometimes I could start the
car and other times I just couldn't.  WEIRD.

I had power from the battery to the firewall, but didn't have current on
the outbound side...  isolating the problem somewhere on the interior
side of the firewall connector (big black wiring block on the driver's
side of the firewall)...

Through the great guidance of the people on this list, process of
elimination (and knowledge that previous owner had cleaned and replaced
all the bulbs in the dash) led me to the problem.  I ended up taking
down the dash and pulling the ammeter which is (if I remember correctly)
just before the ignition switch. The crack in the terminal was just
enough to intermittently cause an open circuit.

I'm kind of a lineal thinker-tinker-er. It might take me longer to
troubleshoot, but I find that starting at the beginning (in this case
the battery) and methodically checking each step works for me.  Others
with more expertise and experience just know what the problem is.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Javier
Miami Shores, FL