From: dansgarage@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: 66LeBaron-trans leak
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 11:47:22 -0800

Hi Chris!...Figuredit was something like that
(regarding the trans). I hope that the broken
bolts were eventually replaced..?? or are there
still a few missing??...not sure WHERE I would
get replacements from...do you happen to know
if they are standard bolts ?

Eventually, I will find the problem in the
wiring...it is, just like you said, more a
problem to FIND where the problem is!!!..and,
YES, Baron was running just great up till the
point of this problem...and the trans, other
than leaking, also was shifting and performing
just fine. Hopefully it won't be too long till
everything is back to NORMAL (whatever 'that'
is!?)

Sorry to have bothered you with the questions
as I am sure you have your own problems too!!!
..but thanks so much for the reply and the
info!!
Take care !!!
Dan

---- Chris Hawkins wrote:

=============
Dear Dan,

I'm so sorry to hear about the ongoing troubles with
the LeBaron! Unfortunately, the problem is very
likely something quite simple - what's not simple is
finding it!

Regarding the trans, I had completely forgotten about
the clamps. The trans filter and fluid were changed
5-6 years ago. The friend who did it at the time said
several of the pan bolts snapped off. He didn't have
the tool to do a bolt extraction, so to be sure it
didn't leak he added the clamps as insurance for a
tight fit. No problems or leaks at that time, so I
kinda forgot about it. From your desciption, it
appears the pan gasket and/or gasket adhesive is
failing, causing a leak other than the more typical
torque converter drainback. I guess a new gasket is
now added to your list of to-do items. (Like your
plate isn't already full.)

I'm sorry the car is being so contrary!!! As you
know, when it actually decides to run, it is quite
lovely. Hopefully, you'll be up and running soon!

Chris