Re: IML: 1962 Power Vent Window Conversion

Subject: Re: IML: 1962 Power Vent Window Conversion
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 17:34:38 -0500

The manual vent windows have the "knuckle buster" latches. Aren't they
quite permanently fastened to the base of the window frame?

Paul W.

I've never seen it done on an Imperial, but when I've seen work on other cars' vent windows, the whole glass-and-frame unit comes sliding out of the door when you undo enough screws and bolts. It goes *way* down into the door, too. My guess would be that to convert to power vents, you'd need whole new vent-window-units.
      -Kle.
'69 Crown 4DHT