IML: Imperial interchange

To Frederick Joslin and all IMLers
I'm not sure about 1939 but in 1937 there were 2 sizes of standard Imperials.  The small one was a C15, if I remember right.  From the firewall back  it was pretty much the same as the Dodges and Plymouth.  I got door glass from a 37 Plymouth to put in it.  From the firewall forward it was longer.  Had a 273 cu.in. straight eight and overdrive..
It had sat outside for 15 or 20 years and engine was stuck.  Pulled the plugs and poured in upper lube while I did front end work.  after about a year I used a crank and it broke loose.  Had to do a valve job but didn't do rings or  anything else.
On the valve subject,  I have seen carbon buildup on the stems to the point that the valve would stick open when the cam lifted it.
Bill Miller
68 Crown