IML: Imperials & AirStreams @ Tiger Run

Hola To All

From the middle sixties to the early eighties the United States was in an very active "camping mood".  That is why MoPar offered trailer packages on vehicles in every Division.  That is part of the reason why Imperials too were offered the towing packages.  Of course the new Imperial owner would never be caught with a entry level RV anything behind their car of prestiege.  That is were the Imperial/ AirStream affair is at.

For the 1967 and newer Imperials, Imperial Division did not need much to make it an "tow package" they just added an transmission cooler, the 3.23 ( 8 3/4 ) or 3.21:1 ( 9 1/4 ) axle ratio, the trailer plug/ trailer brake assembly and the local made frame mounted hitch ( per MoPar's spec's at ABC's Welding Shop).  Prior to this the owner had to have the local metal shop "fabercate" the frame to hitch assembly from scratch.

Since our Imperial is older than the new 9 1/4 axle assembly intro we have the 3.23:1 unit ( with Sure-Grip ). I have kept the old four plug trailer electrical unit that was with the car and re-wired the seven plug unit that is needed with the AS, with the car ( ... http://www.airstreamforums.com/forums/f238/umbilical-7-pin-adaptor-issues-24625.html ).

Here is your chance to see the Rocky's and show off the AS Travel Trailer that you have behind your Imperial.  We have pulled our 1970 Overlander-InterNational Dbl with the 66 Le Baron to such an event.  I can tell ya that just one stops the talking; ... just think if more than one showed up.

http://www.rmvac.org/2007VACRally/info7.html

Oh yeh, CB's was the other vehicle rage.  Do any of you have the AM/FM/CB option ???  We use an 23 channel Cobra.

Uncle Rodger & Aunt Gabby
COS