Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 8:18 AM
Subject: IML: Panelescent pt. 2

Hi again,

I should have done this before I did my previous posting but I did look on our website and found the price list for JC Auto which quotes $75 for a rebuilt power pack w/exchange. That was all I could find as far as prices and that doesn't sound "outrageous".  Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Working on this car again after all these years has been quite a trip down memory lane.  One memory that popped up this evening was that occasionally all the gauges except the Amp gauge would occasionally slowly peg then return to normal.  When it did it one time, I smelled smoke and I took it to the local Imp dealer (this is about 72 or 73) and they replaced one of the gauges; which one I don't remember.  This didn't fix the problem but it happened rarely and there was never the "smoke" problem AND all the gauges functioned normally when their little "fit" was over.  Any thoughts on what is causing this?  I know there is supposed to be some kind of voltage limiter attached to one of the gauges, but that's the extent of my knowledge.

Thanks in advance -

Jim L. in OR
Checked by AVG Free Edition.