IML: axle ratios/towing

Roger (and others)

Can anyone tell me how to find out which rear end ratio I have on my '65? Were different ratios even offered then? I have spent the last couple of hours searching the website and so far have not come up with much. I see references to both a  8 3/4 and 9 1/4 rear axle. What is the difference? What is being measured? (Once again I would like to figure out what my car has!)

I am considering pulling my travel trailer with this car to Colorado. It does fine on the flat land, but suspect that it will be challenged by the mountains. The trailer will weigh 5000# once loaded.

Does anyone know if a trailering guide, or trailering package was offered in 1965?

Thanks!

Scott Scheuermann
1965 Imperial Crown
1960 Airstream Overlander