Re: IML: Future Of The Chrysler Corporation

Re: IML: Future Of The Chrysler Corporation

I have to agree.  Currently, I find the new Chryslers quite unique compared to other cars; however, I believe they have a limited market, and one day, they will disappear.  I also believe, though, that we can keep them alive in the Imperials, a true luxury car that Chrysler should NEVER have dropped, even as a vanity vehicle.  The Imperial should have been the American version of the Rolls Royce or top line Mercedes S600.  Custom built, limited numbers.  They've done that with the Viper.  Try to get a new Viper today.  You're on a waiting list and the Imperial should have been in that class.

Unfortunately, I also believe that cars took a real dive in the 1980's.  Everything began to look alike by 1985 and they've continued that way.  Chrysler tried to change that in 1990's with the LHS series and now with the 300 series.  Chrysler should re-invent the Imperial, but target Mercedes (it's owner) and Jaguar and be a true answer to the expensive imports.

That's just my opinion.

Timothy