Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 10:14 PM
Subject: Re: IML: budd rotors on ebay

Chrysler Corporation was the only company to use 4-piston Budd disc brakes
and they were available only on C-body cars.

1966-1968 Plymouth Fury
1966-1968 Dodge Polara & Monaco
1966-1968 Chrysler (all series)
1967-1969 Imperial

For 1969 all but the Imperial switched to Kelsey-Hayes single piston disc
brakes and the Impeial followed in 1970.

A-body cars used Kelsey-Hayes opposed piston brakes while the B-body cars
used Bendix opposed piston brakes.  Nothing interchanges between the three
brake systems.

American Motors used Bendix opposed-piston brakes and switched to
Kelsey-Hayes single-piston brakes for 1971, the same year as Chrysler B-body
models, although they returned to Bendix for the 1975 model year.   A-body
cars switched to K-H single piston brakes for 1973. GM used Delco-Moraine
and Bendix disc brakes, while Ford used Ford and Kelsey-Hayes brakes.
Studebaker used Bendix disc brakes based on British Dunkop designs.

Bill
Vancouver, BC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Lang" <imperialken@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 8:45 AM

There are several Chrysler Corp. models that used these brake rotors. The only difference is the size of the hub. Someone from our group had posted
list of models that used them.  They were: (from memory)

67 to 69 Imperial
68 & 69 New Yorker
67 to 69 300's
67 to 69 Polara
67 to 69 Monaco

This is just from memory. And they say 'memory' is the second thing to go
when you get older. (I forget what the first one was)

Ken

67 Crown 4 Dr Ht
68 LeBaron 4 Dr Ht