From: "Chris Strohmeyer"
Subject: Re: IML: budd rotors on ebay
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 00:16:34 -0800

Why did Chrysler get rid of the Budd brakes?

Chris Strohmeyer
67 Imperial Convertible

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Watson"
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 10:14 PM

> Chrysler Corporation was the only company to use 4-piston Budd disc brakes
> and they were available only on C-body cars.
>
> 1966-1968 Plymouth Fury
> 1966-1968 Dodge Polara & Monaco
> 1966-1968 Chrysler (all series)
> 1967-1969 Imperial
>
> For 1969 all but the Imperial switched to Kelsey-Hayes single piston disc
> brakes and the Impeial followed in 1970.
>
> A-body cars used Kelsey-Hayes opposed piston brakes while the B-body cars
> used Bendix opposed piston brakes. Nothing interchanges between the three
> brake systems.
>
> American Motors used Bendix opposed-piston brakes and switched to
> Kelsey-Hayes single-piston brakes for 1971, the same year as Chrysler B-body
> models, although they returned to Bendix for the 1975 model year. A-body
> cars switched to K-H single piston brakes for 1973. GM used Delco-Moraine
> and Bendix disc brakes, while Ford used Ford and Kelsey-Hayes brakes.
> Studebaker used Bendix disc brakes based on British Dunkop designs.
>
> Bill
> Vancouver, BC
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Lang"
> Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 8:45 AM
> Subject: RE: IML: budd rotors on ebay
>

>> There are several Chrysler Corp. models that used these brake rotors. The
>> only difference is the size of the hub. Someone from our group had posted
>> list of models that used them. They were: (from memory)
>>
>> 67 to 69 Imperial
>> 68 & 69 New Yorker
>> 67 to 69 300's
>> 67 to 69 Polara
>> 67 to 69 Monaco
>>
>> This is just from memory. And they say 'memory' is the second thing to go
>> when you get older. (I forget what the first one was)
>>
>> Ken
>>
>> 67 Crown 4 Dr Ht
>> 68 LeBaron 4 Dr Ht

This message was sent to you by the Imperial
Mailing List. Please reply to
mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response
will be shared with everyone. Private messages
(and attachments) for the