Re: IML: LIFTERS

Invert car, shake vigorously.

Sorry, just kidding. Try http://fordsix.com/forum.

Dave

Bruce Stubblefield <audiblefeast@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,
OK, it's not my Imperial lifters, but I'm throwing
myself on the mercy of the list. Hopefully it applies
to Mopars as well.
I need to replace the lifters in my straight 6
cyl. '63 Ford(!) Falcon, but they don't pull out with
a magnet; they pull up about 1/8" and hit some kind
of stop. Pulling gently on them with needle-nosed
pliers won't budge them. Does anyone know what the
trick is to getting them out?

thanks
Bruce S