therichardsonfamily@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 6:55 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: colling system pressure?

OK, thanks for everyone's input on the water jacket pressure question.

I think Dave's experience with head gasket failure with water pressure at
30-40 psi will make me pull the thermostat and run the water through with
the system "open".  Following a good flushing, I will probably throw in an
old radiator and do the "Cascade" cleaning.

I do like the filter idea.  Ken, will you share your info with the list
regarding a source?

Thanks again everyone for your help.  I'll be back with more questions.

Dan Richardson
300L Family Heirloom

From: sosmi@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Dan, if you leave the T-stat in the the water flow would be so low, it
will do
> no good. That could also raise pressures to an un-safe level. To get the
most
> volume of water flow, the T-stat needs to be removed, don't worry about
engine
> temp, just flow the water.Dave.

> From: therichardsonfamily@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> > Dave, et al:
> >
> > I kind of wanted to leave the thermostat in - to allow the engine to
reach
> > operating temps and maybe loosen some of that junk up. Then just let it
come
> > out the upper hose, and all over my feet. I don't want to blow any
gaskets
> > though.
> >
> > So... any thoughts on 30+ psi through the cooling system in the block?
Or