Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2007 1:49 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 440 intake leak?

Chris, your vacuum leak, could easily be in the crank-case area, (bottom of port). Look at the bottom of the head intake ports for oil.If they are oily, your on the right track.The fact that you found no sealer around the ports, says someone did a "DRY" seal on the intake. That could be your problem.The fact that your engine only has 30K, means little, since I just did valve seals, and intake gasket, on my 77-440 52K, which never went more than 3 months without running. Ya'll have a nice day, Dave

From: "Chris Strohmeyer" <chrisstroh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Thx Dave,
Mmm, there is oily areas around the intake ports that mystified me. Also, it appears there was no sealer used.  My car didn't smoke at all, it has 30k on it but ran erratically so maybe this is the problem or the carb which I already had rebuilt and double checked.  This possible intake leak is all that's left.
Thx again
Chris Strohmeyer
67 Imperial Convertible