RE: IML: 440 intake paint color?

The only way to impede the paint burn off, in the heat cross over area of the manifold, is to ceramic coat the manifold, and put restricters in the cross-over passages. Since the passage is exposed to exhaust gas temps, that may be at 300-450 degrees, there aren't many paints that can handle that without burn off or discoloration.Ya'll have a nice day, Dave.

From: "Frederick Joslin" <fljoslin@xxxxxxxx>
I used the Mopar engine paint on the intake and valves covers of a 1966 383 (not Imperial obviously).
The paint did not stand up very well on the hot part of the intake manifold where the heat cross over is. I have read where other people doing rebuilds will get a paint shop to custom mix a small amount of high temp paint or at least a better paint than what comes in the spray can to get some durability.
BTW Mopar reintroduced the OEM PCV valves for these engines about 10 years ago. They were originally listed as only for the hemi and were chrome plated. However, a little Turquoise paint and no one can tell the difference.