Re: IML: 1957 Crown Imperial Door Trim Inserts to be Reproduced

Re: IML: 1957 Crown Imperial Door Trim Inserts to be Reproduced

Title: Philippe COURANT
Hi,
These parts are not '57 Crown !!! They are '58 only .. The '57 haven't the "crown" and  panels were in metal (aluminium diamond shape). Ther's also something i don't understand : on my convertible they were (as yours) in plastic (but with no crown) !!!
http://www.imperialclub.com/YearByYear/1957/FactoryPromos/57-14-reg.jpg  (no crown on the aluminium panel)
http://www.imperialclub.com/YearByYear/1957/FactoryPromos/57-15-reg.jpg (IM1-1 model, no insert, only vinyl)
Missing is the page 60 of the 55-63 photo archives which shows a '57 Crown door panel..

http://www.imperialclub.com/YearByYear/1958/Factory/58-07-reg.jpg   '58 have the "crown" insert in the aluminium panel.

http://www.imperialclub.com/YearByYear/1957/FactoryPromos/57-11-reg.jpg : this pic is very strange , it shows a '57 turn signal switch with a '58 door panel !! This pic is the same car than 58-07.

Another oddity : who has ever seen this "bumperettes" on the rear bumper of '57 Imperial ? What was the purpose ? and why they never went in production ?
http://www.imperialclub.com/YearByYear/1957/FactoryPromos/57-00-reg.jpg

--

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F

Imperial 1957 Crown convertible

Buick 1996 Roadmaster wagon

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com

- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) : http://www.ch300imp.com